How to call from Russia
Only a few years ago you couldn't find any other means to call from Russia rather than the traditional one, using a long distance provider inside Russia itself. That used to be (and still is) very expensive. The good news is that now you can have a way to call from Russia and save more than 90% using a regular phone or mobile phone in Russia, we are not talking internet calls here.By far the cheapest way to call USA or any other country in the world is by using a phone card. Once again, we mean calling a regular phone number from a regular phone. No internet, no software, no headphones and microphones.
You might be interested in this information if you are planning a trip to Russia and are planning to make calls back home. This info is very useful to you if you have family and friends in Russia and would like to provide them a means to call you without worrying about the cost (a minute to call US from Russia is around $2 when using a regular long distance provided by a local phone company). Great way for children who are in the US to provide a means for their parents to call them. It might be you have a fiancee in Russia and would like her to call you while you pay for it (it won't cost an arm and a leg by the way). Or you simply reside in Russia.
How to dial an international number from Russia:
In general, the following should be entered: 8-10-Country code-Area code-number. Thus a number in the US dialed from Russia will look like this: 8-10-212-555-1234.
Several ways to make a call from Russia:
- From hotel. If you are traveling to Russia and are staying in a hotel, you will receive instructions on how to make an international phone call. They will be more than happy to provide you with that as they will certainly charge a huge amount for that call to your hotel bill.
- From a private residence or business using their long distance provider. If you are planning to make calls while at someone's home or place of business in Russia be aware that the cost will be tremendous at least by the Russian standards where the average income is way below that in the US. But yes, you can (in most cases) just pick up the phone and call anywhere in the world.
- From a pay phone using a credit card. Big cities like Moscow and St. Petersburg might have pay phones that accept credit cards. Why might have? Because they are not common and you might or might not be able to locate them or use them.
- By using a phone card. This will be your best bet with the cheapest rate. And yes, you can buy phone cards in Russia in lots of retail locations. The question is do you have the confidence in your language ability to go out and buy a phone card and figure out the dialing instructions?
The most practical and economical way to call USA from Russia.
Buy a phone card that works in Russia from the comfort of your home with the confidence that you are buying from an American company. No language barriers. The customer service you are accustomed to. Safe and secure credit card transaction. Use the phone card when you travel to Russia or pass it on to your family members, fiancee, friends, etc. who live in Russia. Pay only cents per minute instead of dollars.
Russia Call offers phone cards that work in Russia, with local access numbers in Moscow, St. Petersburg and toll free access for other cities (yes, you can call toll free in Russia, though that's been the case for only few years).
- Call USA from Russia
- Call Canada from Russia
- Call Germany from Russia
- Call Israel from Russia
- Call from Russia to all countries